I know we had A LOT of questions the other day when this was posted. Paul from I Heart The Mart has updated his post with more information.
Check out his video here.
- Walmart Layaway is SUPPOSED to be open from 9-9 on Black Friday. They do allow store managers to make adjustments based on store needs. If yours isn’t that sucks and I’m sorry!
- Walmart Black Friday “Special Buy” items will have different bar codes for the most part so items like TV’s Computers, Blu Ray Players and Movies will most likely not be able to use the Layaway Black Friday Strategy. It will work on Games and toys because those items should not have the special bar codes.
- Competitor Black Friday items that Walmart carries will be able to use this strategy. For example: Target has Model XOXO776 in their Black Friday ad AND walmart carries Model XOXO776, you can put that item on Layaway and Price Match ON Black Friday (if your store is open) provided the sale time has not ENDED. It will have to be deleted to get the lower price.
- Do not confuse start times with end times. Walmart will have 3 sales going on at the same time, they may run out of stock but the sale is still running. If your item is in Layaway it is IN stock.
- **Walmart Items** The registers are what determines what price the item is sold at, if an item is in Layaway you do not technically buy it until you pay off the layaway item. The registers AUTOMATICALLY give you the sale price if you close it out during a sale period. So do not worry about deleting items from layaway or any other nonsense, if you have it in layaway you have it in stock. The last two bullet points cover the ” Walmart will only PM BF items that start in Event 3″ Event 1 and 2 End Friday at Midnight, the registers don’t know anything except for the times the sales run, if you have the item you will get the lower price. Period.
- It is my understanding that Walmart sent a memo that they will Price Match Online Competitor Prices during the holiday season IF that competitor has a Brick and Mortar presence in that area. My store confirmed it, YMMV
HOT News from Walmart Last night!! You can start to shop the Black Friday deals now and then take them off of layaway on Black Friday and get the Black Friday Pricing. You CAN do this online as well. You can go to Walmart and start to purchase the items that are on the Black Friday deals now and get the pricing without finding it gone and no waiting in lines! WOW! You can even wait for the rush to be over and go later in the day to pick up your layaway and still have all the items you want without being bumped in the aisle during Black Friday Shopping.
This is from Mr. Walmart himself, I Heart The Mart!
This is CRAZY talk you say! Not so, here’s the lowdown:
■For items already on layaway, will Walmart price match those items if they have now gone on sale for Black Friday?
Items that have been put on layaway then are paid off on Black Friday will be sold at Black Fridaypricing (i.e. If you place a LG Blu-ray player on layaway today and payoff the purchase on Black Friday, you will pay the $38 Black Friday price).
■Can you use coupons for layaway items?
Yes. Walmart is committed to providing our customers with the lowest prices. To back up our price leadership promise, we will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register even on layaway items. Mo for only $15.00. When you purchase it through Walmart.com.
■ Are Black Friday deals online again?
Customers can also get a jump start on shopping from the comfort of their homes with a two day online-only event on Walmart.com starting early on Thanksgiving Day and extending through Black Friday. Savings on hundreds of the hottest toys and electronics include:·
■ Samsung 50? Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV $698
■ Ematic 7” Tablet Android 4.0 1GHz, 4GB $49
■ Dsi XL Ultimate Bundle $129
■ Razor A Kick Scooter, Multiple Colors $25
Walmart.com shoppers can obtain FREE shipping on eligible $45 or more orders with Home FREE Or Free Store Pickup w/ Site To Store and also use Pay with Cash.
This all means that you can now go to your local Walmart and put your Black Friday items aside on Layaway, then pay for them on Black Friday at the price in their ad. No worries about your items(s) being out of stock!!! Check out the compete Layaway Policy for more info and terms. What AWESOME news!!!
There may be more info coming later today, so stay tuned for any updates!
Thanks, Frugal Diva Frenzy!