You have read our Beginner’s Tips for couponers but you still feel a little overwhelmed and are looking for more information to help you focus on How To Become A Successful Part Time Extreme Couponer?
We have compiled a few of our go-to tips to help take the stress out of this great way to save money in your family budget.
HOW TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUCL PART TIME EXTREME COUPONER
• START SLOWLY. There is a wealth of information to take in regarding extreme couponing and you can easily become overwhelmed. The best way to be successful it to start slowly and take baby steps. Start with 3-5 Inserts per week until you find a storage method that works well for you. Then slowly increase the number of inserts you get each week until you find a number that works well for you.
• PURGE COUPONS WEEKLY. Don’t let the unused and expired coupons overwhelm you. Spend an hour on the weekends pulling any coupons that have expired from your storage system so they are not causing clutter and confusion.
• JOIN LOCAL COUPON GROUPS. Some of the best ways to be a successful part time extreme couponer come from sharing with your local friends and family. By helping each other spot local deals, clip coupons, swap coupons and even swap couponed items when in need you build a support system that takes the stress away and helps you make the most of the hours you are able to spend each week with your coupons.
• SET A ROUTINE. Carve out a set time in your weekly schedule to clip coupons, check sales, browse online for new coupons, sales and savings and of course to purge coupons. Split it into a few minutes a day and you won’t feel so overwhelmed.
• INCLUDE YOUR FAMILY. Not everyone has a family willing to help with couponing but it can be a great family event each week to sort through the newspapers for inserts, clip coupons and even help shop and see the total get lower and lower. Work with your kids to encourage them to help and teach them monetary responsibility.
• ONLY COUPON FOR WHAT YOU CAN USE. There are tons of sales and deals to grab every day but that doesn’t mean you need to or should get everything available. Check yourself before you rush to the store with coupons in hand. If you don’t have a need for the free baby wipes, don’t get them. Do make a list of brands and products you will use frequently and coupon specifically for those. Knowing what you will use instead of just grabbing everything you can for free will take away wasted time, strain and frustration.
Being a successful part time extreme couponer is possible as long as you give yourself realistic expectations. Take your time to learn so you can easily spot the best deals on your own and learn what are the best deals for you and your family.